Recipe: Marinara Sauce
- 8 oz Olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 oz capers
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- 1-28 oz can of whole tomatoes
- 4 large leaves of basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add the olive oil, garlic, capers and salt to taste in a sauce pan over low heat and saute until soft and aromatic.
- Add the can of tomatoes and oregano and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Let simmer for 2-3 hours
- For a smoother sauce use an immersion blender after about an hour of cooking
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 3 hour(s)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chili flakes
- 8 oz of cod cut into cubes
- 12 medium shrimp
- 12 medium clams
- 4 oz white Zinfandel wine
- 3-4 king crab clusters (snow crab will work)
- 8 large scallops
- loaf of french bread
- In a large pot melt the butter over medium heat
- Add the garlic and chili flakes stir to combine (do not brown the garlic)
- Raise the heat to high and add the cod, scallops, shrimp and the clams.
- Add the wine and cover until the clams start to open
- Add the marinara and the crab legs and cover for2-3 minutes or until the crab legs are done.
- Make sure the sauce is not too thick or too thin.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl garnish with parsley and serve.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4