Recipe: Holiday Wassail
Summary: Hot Spiced Cider Beverage
- 1 gallon apple cider (do not use bottled apple juice has to be cider)
- 27 whole cloves
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 1 quart pineapple juice
- 1 can (6 ounces size) orange juice concentrate
- Put the whole cloves in a piece of cheese cloth or tea leaf holder. Put into stockpot.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large stock pot and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Orange slices look very festive floating in the wassail bowl.
- Serve hot.
- You can put the simmered wassail in a crockpot to keep it hot.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 Hour